Yes, I am now obsessed with making fudge, its become a sort of little hobby of mine I’ve been making it so much I love it and it’s always welcomed by friends and family. Here is a recipe for some mars bar fudge that I made last week which was my favourite combination which was based on the dark chocolate fudge I made a few weeks ago.
You will need:
- 200g Milk Chocolate/ Milk Chocolate Buttons
- 250ml Double Cream
- 360g Caster Sugar
- 80g Butter
- 8 tablespoons Glucose Syrup
- 2 tablespoon Cocoa Powder
- 6 Treat Mars Bars (approx. 38g each)
- Sugar Thermometer
- Line a high sided baking tin with baking paper and grease well.
- Break the chocolate into squares and chop the mars bars into random pieces.
- In a medium pan add the double cream, sugar, butter and glucose and melt together over a medium heat. Once all the ingredients have combined together, turn up the heat and continue to heat until 110 degree Celsius (this is where you will need the sugar thermometer). Try not to stir the mixture too much but you will need to to prevent the mix burning and just remember be careful because sugar work is hot!!
- Once the mix is up to temperature, take off the heat and stir in the milk chocolate until fully mixed in and the mix is smooth and glossy.
- Next, whisk in the cocoa, be careful as the mix will still be extremely hot.
- Once everything is all mixed in pour the fudge mix into your prepared tin and leave to cool for a few minutes.
- Randomly place the chopped up mars bar all over the top of the fudge, they will sink in slightly.
- Chill in the fridge for a few hours and allow to set.
- When the mixture is set chop up into nice little (big) squares and enjoy.
Recipe Link for Dark Chocolate Fudge: https://littlemissyorkshirepudding.wordpress.com/2014/09/23/recipe-dark-chocolate-and-hazelnut-fudge/