This great mid-week dinner is tasty, simple and cooks in about an hour and is a real treat. Belly Pork is a very versatile cut and takes on sweet flavours well, for this I decided to use Maple Syrup to roast the pork in which caramelises during cooking making to pork lovely and sticky. I made this a ‘one pot’ (or tray) tray bake and threw in some sweet potato, leeks and red onion. These cooked well with the meat and took on the flavour of the pork and the maple well and complimented the pork great.
You will need:
- 400- 500g Belly Pork Slices
- 3 large Sweet Potatoes in large dices
- 1 Leek sliced
- 1 Red Onion sliced
- Salt and Pepper to Season
- 3 tablespoons of Maple Syrup
- In a preheated oven at 220 degrees season you belly pork slices and roast in a large baking tray for 20 mins.
- Turn the oven temperature down to 180 degrees, take your pork out of the oven and add the sweet potato to the tray with the pork and drizzle over the maple syrup.
- Return to the oven and roast for 20 mins.
- Add the onion and leek and return to the oven, turn the oven back up to 220 degrees and cook for a further 20 mins basting the pork throughout until its caramelised and sticky.
Enjoy, serve with Apple Sauce or Caramelised Onion Chutney to add extra sweetness.