This was my saviour last night and my first crumble of the season, well we are well into the first week of September after all. This is an easy recipe for peach crumble which can be knocked up last minute and takes only 40 mins to prepare and bake, great if you get any unexpected visitors. With this recipe you also get extra crumble mix which can be stored in the fridge for a later date, or a later late night sweet fix.
You will need:
- 3 ripe Peaches/ Nectarines
- 2 tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 100g Plain Flour
- 60g Sugar
- 50g Butter (at room temperature)
- De-stone and slice your peaches and mix with the maple syrup in a shallow oven proof dish.
- Place in a preheated oven at 200 degrees and bake for 20 mins.
- While the peaches are baking away, in a bowl rub together the flour, sugar and butter using your fingers. Carry on until the mixture forms crumbs, you’ll just know when it’s ready.
- Once the peaches have baked for 20 mins and top with your crumble mix, you’ll need to use about half of what you have made. Put the other half in a food bag and store in your fridge until the crumble cravings hit again.
- Bake for a further 15-20 mins until the crumble is golden brown and the fruit mix ifs bubbling through. Enjoy.