It was the annual Macmillan bake sale at work on Friday and my contribution was these bad boys. Alert!! You will find chocolate in every part of these cupcakes, the cakes chocolate chipped, it’s in the filling, buttercream and on top. These little (big) treats may look a bit tricky to make but were actually very easy, and I only had a whisk and a wooden spoon (I really am in need of a kitchen aid, a girl can dream).
You will need:
- 225g Butter, melted
- 225g Caster Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 3 tablespoons of milk
- 225g Self Raising Flour
- 100g Chocolate Chips
- 1 jar of Nutella
for or the buttercream/ toppings:
- 300g butter, soft
- 450g Icing sugar
- 2 bars of Bueno, broken into the individual pieces
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- In a large bowl whisk together the melted butter, milk and sugar until well combined then one by on add the eggs and whisk in.
- Mix in the flour until you have a nice thick cake mix.
- Add 2 tablespoons of Nutella and the chocolate chips and stir in until the chocolate chips are evenly spread out.
- Line a muffin tray with cupcake cases, add a dessert spoon of mix to each of the cases.
- Top the cake mix with a heaped teaspoon of Nutella and then top each one with another spoon of cake mix.
- Bake in the oven for 20 mins until the cakes are golden and spring back up when softly pressed down.
- Transfer the cakes onto a wire rack to cool.
- While the cakes are cooling to make the buttercream mix together the butter, icing sugar and the rest of the Nutella from the jar until a light fluffy light brown buttercream is formed.
- When the cakes are cooled pipe on the buttercream and top with a piece of Bueno. Voila!!