This tray bake is simple, tasty and ready in an hour and needs very little prep, hooray! Using chicken thighs gives crispy and moist meat and the juices released from the skin is just perfect for roasting those potatoes in. The lemon, garlic and herb flavour combination used gives this dish a real freshness about it.
You will need:
- 5/6 Chicken Thighs
- 4/5 Potatoes
- 2 Carrots
- Baby Courgettes (5/6), halved lengthways
- 6 Cloves of Garlic
- 2 Lemons
- 1 tablespoon dried Herbs de Provence
- 1 Chicken Stock cube
- Salt and Pepper to Season
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- Dice potatoes and chop carrots and place in a large baking tray with a glug of olive oil
- Chop half of the garlic cloves and crush the other half using the back of the knife and a strong firm push down.
- Score the skin of the chicken thighs so the flavours sink in well and place skin side up on top of the veg.
- Squeeze over the juice of the lemon and add the rest of the lemon to the tray, sprinkle over the garlic, chicken stock cube, herbs and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix well to ensure the seasoning is mingling well with all the meat and veg and roast for 20 mins.
- Remove the tray from the oven and give it a shake, turn over the chicken thighs so the skin side is down and return to the warmth of the oven roast for a further 20 mins.
- Take out the oven and turn over the chicken so that it is skin side up again and add the courgettes to the tray, give the tray another good shake. Turn up the oven to 220 degrees Celsius and roast for a final 20 mins until the chicken and veg is golden and crispy. Serve and enjoy!