As I had a couple of birthdays coming up I thought it might be a nice idea to make some homemade fudge for presents. I made this and a chocolate and hazelnut fudge (which recipe I’ll post soon) to give a mix of fudge flavours. This recipe is for a big batch as I could see that it all wouldn’t make it into those sweet bags.
You will need:
- 500ml Double Cream
- 180g Butter
- 300g Caster Sugar
- 150g Demerara Sugar
- 4 tablespoons Glucose Syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 tablespoons Icing Sugar
- Sugar thermometer
- Line a high sided baking tin with baking paper and grease well.
- In a large pan add all the ingredients except for the icing sugar and over a medium heat melt together. Once all the ingredients have combined turn up the heat and heat the mix to 110 degrees Celsius, this will take abit of time so be patient.
- Once the mixture is up to temperature, remove from the heat and allow to cool for 5 mins.
- Once the mix has cooled a little, whisk in the icing sugar and pour into your prepared baking tin.
- Allow mix to cool, cut into squares and enjoy, give, share or do with it as you please.
And on an end note, this was made specially for my dad’s birthday which is today so, happy birthday dad!!