Yesterday I made these little beauties and oh my god they were stupidly amazing. Such an indulgent treat, perfect for gifts, sharing with friends (or probably not) and the way to any chocoholics heart. The incorporation of the hazelnuts gives the truffles bite and also stop the truffles becoming too sickly, so you can eat more (yay!!). These are easy to make but I must warn you things can get a little messy.
You will need:
- 300g dark chocolate with hazelnuts (if you can’t get this just use 200g dark chocolate and 100g hazelnuts)
- 100g Nutella
- 100ml double cream
- 20g butter
- 2 heaped tea spoons Cocoa powder, plus an extra 2 for the coating
- 2 tea spoons liqueur (optional, I used raspberry gin liqueur)
- Roughly chop the chocolate to break up the hazelnuts and place in a heatproof dish along with the butter, cream, Nutella and Cocoa powder and place over a pan of simmering water making a bam marie.
- Keep stirring the mixture until everything had melted and incorporated together which will look nice and glossy.
- Take the bowl off the heat and leave to cool for a couple of mins. Stir in your liqueur of choice.
- Line a shallow baking dish with baking parchment and pour in the mixture.
- Let me mix cool for a while before putting in the fridge to chill and set for a minimum of 4 hours.
- After the setting time prepare by sprinkling Cocoa powder onto a plate/ tray (or anything else you decide to coat your truffles in).
- Using a teaspoon scoop out the chocolate into truffle size portions, roll into a ball quickly with your hands and roll in the cocoa powder. It will be easier to do this a few at a time as once out the fridge the mix starts to melt fast!!!
- Once you have used all your mix and made into truffles store in the fridge until you want to devour them, try not to eat them all at once.
Here the truffles with some salted caramels, recipe coming soon. Place in petit four cases and a cute little box, homemade truffles such a good present.
Enjoy and do over indulge.