If your anything like me you need your lunch to be tasty, interesting and fresh. I easily get bored with eating the same foods everyday and you know what they say, variety is the spice of life!! Yesterdays lunch was no different and was inspired by the block of Halloumi sat in my fridge purchased on last weekends shop. This is quick, easy and not only a great for lunch but also good as part of a Meze or platter.
(the below recipe was for my lunch and is enough for one person)
You will need:
- 1/3 block Halloumi Cheese, cut into cubes (1-2cm)
- Juice of 1/2 a Lemon
- 3-4 Mint Leaves Chopped
- pinch of Oregano (fresh or dried)
- Black Pepper to season
- Salad to serve (or whatever else you choose)
- Put the cubes of Halloumi in a bowl with the lemon juice, mint, oregano and black pepper, mix, cover and leave to marinade for 30 mins.
- Thread the Halloumi onto skewers and place into a preheated frying pan/ griddle. Save the remains of the marinade in the bowl, you will need this later.
- Grill each side for 30 secs- 1 min until you see and nice golden crust forming. Once all four sides are cooked, turn off the heat and pour over the remainder of the marinade which will start to sizzle in the pan.
- Take out of the pan and serve with whatever you fancy.
I enjoyed mine with salad, Tzatiki and these little Pearl Onion from Aldi. To top it all off the sun was shining and I managed to enjoy my lunch al fresco.
And today, because it’s Friday it’s going to be good old Fish & Chips.