I came accross this recipe for this quick, simple yet indulgent and impressive in a magazine and couldn’t wait to create it. Made ahead will prove showstopper for any party, a perfect summer dessert, it’s messy and loads of fun.
You will need:
- 250g Caramel Biscuits (or digestives will do the trick)
- 85g Melted Butter
- 500g Vanilla Ice Cream (I used Carte Dor but any good quality would do)
- 140g Honeycomb (See yesterdays post for the recipe [you will need to use about half of what you made])
- 400g Raspberries
- Approx 20cm loose bottom pie dish
- Crush or blitz the biscuit until they resemble crumbs and mix with the butter. Line the pie dish making sure the bottom and all of the sides of dish are covered. Put in the fridge for a minimum of 30 mins until the filling is ready.
- Take the ice cream out the freezer and leave to slightly defrost.
- While its defrosting tip half the raspberries in a large bowl and crush using a masher, the back of a fork or whatever you have to hand.
- Add half the Honeycomb to the raspberries and tip over the softened ice cream. Spoon together until the mixture has a marbled effect.
- Tip the mixture into the prepared base and flatten down. Put in the freezer to set for a minimum of 4 hours (I would recommend overnight to allow the mix to become more solid as it makes the cake easier to handle)
- Just before you are about to serve the cake take it out the freezer and decorate with the rest of the raspberries & honeycomb. Enjoy!!
If you don’t fancy Vanilla Ice Cream & Raspberries Why not try using Rich Chocolate ice cream and topping with Black Cherries to make the cake even more indulgent. Why not serve with the Quick and Easy Caramel Sauce from my earlier post.