I must admit it, this was a complete fluke but ended up being an amazing discovery. Halfway through making Salsa last night I realised that I had no corriander (cue panic!!) so as a bit of a gamble I decided to use mint instead. I then came to the theory (a very sensible one) that since the combination works so well in Mojitos I’ll add some golden rum and tadaa! it worked a treat.
You will need:
- Handfull of Tomatoes Piccolino or Baby Plum
- Juice of half a Lime
- Quarter a Red Onion
- Red Chilli (as much or as little depending on how hot you want it)
- Few Mint Leaves
- 1- 2 teaspoons of Golden Rum (I preferre Havana Club)
- Salt and Pepper to season.
- Finely dice onion, red chilli and mint and add to a bowl with the lime juice.
- Roughly chop the tomatoes and add to the mix and stir, sprinkle over the rum and add salt and pepper to taste. If you feel it needs it or just like your salsas on the sweet side add a pinch of sugar (granulated or demerara will work fine). Enjoy!!
This would be perfect for any mexican dish, I enjoyed mine with mexican spiced chicken, mashed avacado and wedges.